Time: 9AM -1PM
This training course is designed for people who wish to gain an OCN London accreditation in internal moderation, enabling them to become an Approved Internal Moderator (AIM) for OCN London bespoke accredited courses or for those who have to design and operate a moderation system for their organisation, and want to gain a full understanding of the internal moderation process, without wishing to complete an IQA qualification.
This course programme will be delivered over two half-day sessions, with additional one-to-one tutor support when completing their assessment workbook.
Learners are required to attend both sessions to complete the course. We reserve the right to charge an additional fee if a learner attends only one of the sessions.
First session: 21 April
Second session: 28 April
The course will enable you to:
- Consider the purposes and benefits of internal and external moderation;
- Evaluate your own organisation’s model of internal moderation;
- Learn to plan internal moderation activity effectively;
- Be able to ensure the effectiveness of assessment methods and tasks;
- Learn to provide effective formative feedback to assessors;
- Develop systems to ensure consistently effective assessment standards across different assessors;
- Learn strategies to manage conflicts that can be associated with the IM role;
- Consider the nature of DCS and in what context this can be applied.
This training session is delivered in a small group setting, meaning that it is easy to get direct feedback from our experienced tutor that is relevant to your centre and situation.
This programme will be delivered over two 4 hour Online sessions, with additional personal tutor support provided over Zoom/TEAMS.
- The training is currently provided online.
- Cost £195 for OCN London Recognised Centres, £250 for non-members.
- This training is accredited and learners will be certificated on the successful completion of the associated course workbook.
We can also offer this course as in-house training for your specific organisation. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your training needs.
To book onto a training session, locate your chosen session in All Events and click Book Now!
Please note, this training is not designed for centres offering Access to HE.
Return to the Training and Development page for the schedule and booking form.